Chief Design Officer of the Hyundai Motor Group, Peter Schreyer, honoured in the 2013 Golden Steering Wheel awards by Bild am Sonntag and AutoBild for outstanding achievements in the automotive industry
Schreyer is only the second designer to receive this coveted industry award
Kia has confirmed that its dramatic new European concept, to be unveiled at the 65th Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) in Frankfurt, will be called the Kia Niro.
The all-new 2014 Kia Soul compact SUV will make its European debut at the 65th Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung (IAA) in Frankfurt, before going on sale across Europe early next year.
•Zilina plant manufactured 158,900 vehicles from January to June 2013
•Output represents 6 per-cent year-on-year growth for the six month period
•Kia is currently at full production capacity for the first time in its history
- Kia debuts in 37th place on annual Interbrand study of green brands
- Interbrand assesses both market perception and environmental performance
- Kia also recently named in Interbrand’s 100 Best Global Brands 2012
Daniel Müller, Head of IT for Kia Motors in Europe, has been named one of 18 ‘Rising Stars’ in the European automotive sector by the continent’s leading motor trade publication and website, Automotive News Europe.
- New Kia pro_cee’d receives the ‘Best of the Best’ award
- ‘Winner’ awards go to the Kia cee’d, the cee’d Sportswagon and the new Kia Carens
230 kph top speed for most performance-focused Kia models ever
- Turbocharged 1.6-litre engine produces 204 ps and 265 Nm
- Designed, developed and manufactured in Europe
Looking every centimetre a road-legal racer, Kia’s new provo concept, unveiled at the 83rd Salon International De l’Auto in Geneva, mixes ultra-modern technology with a self-confident and agile look to deliver an exciting new B-segment car for enthusiasts.
• Kia invested EUR 120 million in Slovakia and also launched new car models in 2012
• The plant reached a net profit of EUR 155.5 million last year
• A high performance GT versions of the Kia cee’d model will be introduced at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2013
• Lower, longer and wider, the all-new Forte 5-door combines European style with the practicality of a hatchback
• Forte 5-door is expected to go on sale in the third quarter of 2013
Kia unveils imaginative designs with new Cross GT Concept CUV and Superman-Inspired Kia Optima at Chicago Auto Show
• Cross GT takes Kia design in a bold new direction that hints at the future of the brand’s premium aesthetic in a larger package
• World’s most iconic super hero pairs with Kia’s powerful and advanced hybrid sedan to create a uniquely customized ride
•Kia pro_cee’d GT and cee’d GT will be unveiled at 2013 Geneva Motor Show
•Most performance-focused Kia models yet
•Designed in Europe and to be manufactured in Europe
•Turbocharged 1.6-litre engine will produce 204 ps and 265 Nm
Kia is set to deliver a provocative and racy new urban concept car at this year's Geneva Motor Show.
•2,710,017 Kia vehicles sold globally in 2012 for a 9.3% year-on-year increase
•2012 sales in Europe, North America, China, and general markets post year-on-year sales growth of 19.5%, 15.4%, 11.0%, and 2.7% respectively
•The B-segment Rio is Kia’s bestselling overseas model in 2012 with 466,826 units delivered
•Kia Motors is the longest running major sponsor of the 108 year-old Grand Slam® tennis event, The Australian Open
•Kia Motors hands over a fleet of official tournament vehicles to Tennis Australia during a ceremony in Melbourne
- Schreyer’s design philosophy has transformed global reputation of Kia brand
- First non-Korean to hold President post at Kia Motors Corporation
- Remains committed to continuing design-led growth